This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Windows Securities Patches installation management using Patch Manager????

Windows patches are deployed through WSUS and now,we have installed Patch Manager in our environment but problem is we cant get WSUS server access. I want to know that without having access to WSUS,is it possible to manage the installation of patches on windows server through Solarwinds Patch Manager and action associated with it (Like Server Restart after installation ) ? does WSUS integration is required with Patch manager for Windows Patch installation ?

Thanks in advance

• but problem is we cant get WSUS server access

Can you better describe what you mean by "get WSUS server access"? While it's not necessary to have physical access to the machine, it's an absolute requirement to have an administrative logon.

without having access to WSUS,is it possible to manage the installation of patches on windows server through Solarwinds Patch Manager

Well... Microsoft patches yes, because those can also be deployed via Windows Update; but for third-party patches, having administrative access to the server is quite necessary.

• Thanks Lawrence for the quick response.  I have installed patch manager in our environment but we don't have access to WSUS server by any means (administrative logon). Presently patches on the virtual server are pushed via WSUS...Also we dont have connectivity to the internet..I am looking to use Solarwinds Patch Manager to automate windows patch installation.

we have only one requirement/expectation from Solarwinds Patch manager which is Automate Windows Patch installation (like scheduling and action after patch installation.)