3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 1:50 PM by mharvey

Machine Type contains Server

ahumphrey

I created a basic alert that would cover anything that is not Time clocks, server or networking related, but I am having issues filtering out servers from this alert. The trigger conditions below, and for some reason the doesn't catch the "Machine Type contains Server."

Basic node alert.png

• Re: Machine Type contains Server
          mharvey

The reason is due to the none condition group.  You need to use NOT ALL.  Right now the trigger reads as not A or not B or Not C, well while a node may be A it's not B or C so it could trigger.  You need to use NOT ALL so it becomes not A AND not B AND not C. 

ahumphrey

The way I read NOT ALL is when any, 1-4 out of 5, trigger in the group is matched it, it activates the alert. Do I need to break that last group of conditions up into 5 individual groups?

mharvey

No.  The conditions become SQL queries. The say none works it become Where not A or Not b or Not C etc....  It's adding "or" between the conditions in a similar fashion as the any condition.  The not all condition uses AND...so not A AND not B AND not C etc.  This is the way you want the logic interpreted by the database if you don't want ANY of the machine types your listing to trigger that alert.  You don't need to break out into different groups, just switch from none to not all.