This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

I am going to be testing out LEM. I would like to know if i can install this on a stand alone VM?

I am going to be testing out LEM. I would like to know if i can install this on a stand alone VM? Also will it need to poll the NPM database or can i have the logs from the local devices go directly to the LEM VM?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

LEM is its own virtual appliance, so it IS a standalone VM emoticons_happy.png

And, it is structured such that the logs do need to go directly to LEM. You can forward logs you're already collecting in Orion to LEM, but you'd have to forward the raw syslog over.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I have demonstrated LEM using vmware player from my laptop to prospective clients and can confirm it works in this manner. My laptop is an Intel i5 with an SSD and lots of RAM, so it does host it well and suitable for testing/demo purposes only. It might be a bit slow if your pc spec is not up to the minimum requirements.

If you have the OVA template, just launch it in VMware player and it will just work!

Garreth