This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Some nodes cannot be validated with supplied credentials

Lately, I've started getting the following error when saving new Nodes "Some nodes cannot be validated with supplied credentials." Is there a query or report I can run that can tell me which nodes it is referring to? 

• ewoknophobia,

This is usually because the device doesn't respond to SNMP or WMI when making a change, such as polling times, custom properties, etc.. I usually use the report down interfaces, because it provides a single place to see Unknown Interfaces. Usually when there are Unknown interfaces it is either the Communication (SNMP/WMI) is broken or the Interface no longer lives on that Node. Either way, they point me to fixing those issues and keeping the environment clean and up to date. There is also Alerts you can configure for this, but is more complicated.

Best Regards,

Derik Pfeffer

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services