4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2015 5:39 AM by capetownandre

Powershell   rest api update custom field

capetownandre

Hi

I am battling to get to grips with the rest api.

I am using the below PowerShell script which does not throw any exceptions

can anybody shed some light on my dilemma

The full story:  { I am using powershell to identify status changes in Web help Desk database, and create issues in JIRA for my KANBAN board ( Via the rest api) the response from Jira is the issue number Just created,

I now want to update Web Help Desk "ticket custom field"   with this JIRA ticket Number.}

any help appreciated

Thanks

$definitionId = "33"

$restValue = "E1245"

$uri = http://10.5.67.159/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/ra/Tickets/36566/?username=Andren&password=zzzzzz

$body = @{

definitionId=$definitionId

restValue=$restValue

$jsonBody = ConvertTo-Json $body

$resp =  Invoke-RestMethod -uri $uri -Method Put -body $jsonBody -ContentType "application/json" 

$cat = $resp.id

write-host " key = $resp.id"

------------------------

after execution returns The Id of the ticket as expected, but no update happens

I get the info I deem necessary from this command line in chrome, I also use to inspect if my update has worked

http://103.52.67.159/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/ra/Tickets/36566/?username=Andren&password=xxxxxx

which returns details of the ticket to viewing pane  Ticket id = 36566

{"id":36566,"type":"Ticket","bccAddresses":null,"ccAddressesForTech":null,"departmentId":null,"lastUpdated":"2014-11.................":"TicketCustomField","definitionId":31,"restValue":"23333"},{"id":15947,"type":"TicketCustomField","definitionId":32,"restValue":"Accounting / Financials"},{"id":18080,"type":"TicketCustomField","definitionId":33,"restValue":"233332"},{"id":