This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Minimum Privilges

What is the minimum account privileges needed on a network node for Config Manager to function?

• are you referring to the rights you grant a user login into the website to see the node?  If so, that's WebViewer.  If you need them to download a node, that's webdownloader.  If they need to be admins, that's Engineer.  Or are you referring to rights to download the configs from the node itself?  That would be the same user login that you use to access the device in enable mode.

• I was referring to the rights to download the configs.  I was thinking of creating a new account with fewer permissions on my network devices that will be used specifically by Config Manager to pull the configs.  Thank you for your help.

• Not a problem.  For the Orion side, you just need WebDownloader rights tied to the account they person will log in with as well to ensure they can only download and view the configs but not upload changes.