2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 4:53 PM by derek.pryor

Orion.Nodes add common resources

technoparanoia

I'm trying to use the SDK to update all my window nodes to monitor some common resources like Virtual memory.

In the GUI I click on the node --> List Resources --> Volume Utilization --> Virtual Memory.

In SWQL I can't seem to find how orion.nodes relate this information to the node. Any insight or code samples would be awesome.

• Re: Orion.Nodes add common resources
          madhavan

Hi,

We sure can discover resources via SDK. But what polling method are you using? SNMP or WMI?

Also, discovering resources will discover all resources for a node and not in particular like 'Virtual Memory' via SDK.

Please let me know if you need more details.

• Re: Orion.Nodes add common resources
              derek.pryor

Lets see if responding to such an old question will work.

I am looking to use the SDK to configure resource monitoring for both SNMPv3 and WMI node types. With the latest product versions I can figure out interface monitoring using the Orion.NPM.Interfaces DiscoverInterfacesOnNode and AddInterfacesOnNode verbs. Looking through the SDK I cannot figure out how to discover WMI resources like memory/cpu, volumes, network interfaces, etc. I am also unsure if the DiscoverInterfaceOnNode will catch the memory/cpu monitoring of a SNMPv3 node.