4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 6:01 PM by c.gura

Limitation in custom ascx file

c.gura

Is there a way to implement the Account Limitations into a custom .ascx file? 

Attached is the file I have and it currently works, but without any limitations.

• Re: Limitation in custom ascx file
          wluther

c.gura did you ever find the answer for this? I have just recently been working with similar tasks, creating/modifying .ascx files/resources, and would like to know as much as I can about it.

Thank you,

-Will

c.gura

I was able to figure out how to use limitations, but you have to add the limitation to your own query. The query I am doing only handles SQL limitations.  If you are utilizing the SWQL calls, then you will need to do the same.  The tables to look at are the Limitations table and the Accounts table.  Each user can have a maximum of 3 Account Limitations.

I am using a limitation based on our custom properties, but hopefully this will help you out.

wluther

c.gura

Thank you very much for the information. I will work with it and see what I can get.

Another question for you, if you don't mind... Are you able to have multiple different SQL queries within this single resource. Perhaps showing each of the different query results in the same table, but each in their own column?

Thanks again for the info.

-Will

c.gura

You would have to play around with it.  based on what I see the grid variable is defined somewhere.  maybe there is a way to create a secondary variable like grid2 or something.  It isn't anything I have done yet. 

You might try to create a view that returns the data in the columns you are expecting.  SQL Server should allow you to do a lot of slick things in your sql.  Sorry I could be of any more help.