4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 4:39 PM by ocmotto

Since Installing Patches Data Unavailable On New Nodes But Fine On Existing Nodes

ocmotto

Hi All,

I'm running the following items.

Orion Core 2012.2.2, SAM 5.5.0, NCM 7.1.1, NPM 10.4.2, NTA 3.11.0, IVIM 1.5.0

over the weekend 61 patches were installed on the Solarwinds server. The last time a new node was put into solarwinds was 10/17 and evertything worked. Since we've put 4 more nodes into Solarwinds starting on 10/20 we've found historical data such as graphs, gauges and other items aren't collecting data or displaying it. We get the "Data is not available" error. Anything added before the weekend continues to work fine and pull data and display data but I've got 5 nodes I've added since Monday and all do the samething. The database is on a seperate server and I contacted support and they ran tests and everything came back fine. I was told to a system restore but Server 2008 R2 doesn't have that functionality and then it was suggested to install Windows backup feature. The server is on a VM I can revert a snapshot and support said I could do that without issues to the database but I don't believe them because we've been collecting data on all our other nodes without issue. Now I'm truing to the Thwack community to see if anyone else has had a similar issue. .

sw.png

Thanks for any feedback.