This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Does PM 2.0 have non-english catalogs

Hi,

Does PM have non-english catalogs for third party updates. For example, firefox is listed as being english but I need the german version as well.

Will I need to duplicate the english one and make manual modifications?

Mike

• Does PM have non-english catalogs for third party updates?

It does not Mike.

Will I need to duplicate the english one and make manual modifications?

Yes. And, generally speaking, there are three, possibly four mods you'll need to make.

• There's usually a system language rule in the Prerequisite Ruleset.
    • There's a language/locale rule associated with the binary file definition.
    • Obviously you'll need to swap out the binary itself.
    • There *may* be a different file version on the non-English binary.

• Thanks.

Do you rule accept wildcards for the registry path checks? I'll need to check the registry key for firefox which ends in something like version x86 de.

mike

• Do you rule accept wildcards for the registry path checks? I'll need to check the registry key for firefox which ends in something like version x86 de.

I would suggest using exactly the same rule types as we use in the English packages, except adjusting them for the changes that occur on a German system.

Rules do not accept wildcards, you would have to enumerate each actual possibility and then wrap it in a "When ANY of these..."  option.