2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 8:30 AM by colox

Report Writer "fix" Availability

colox

Hello community ,

the question is about the orion report writer.

How I can "fix" the availability of a node?

I did a reset on the server and deliberately want the report to show me 100%. (ignoring the time he was down )

How I can eliminate the reset time?

Thank you !

best regards

Carlos .

• Re: Report Writer "fix" Availability
          sean.martinez

The only way to change the Response Time data to reflect a different availability number, you will need to delete the records from the database associated to the NodeID.

Warning: Please backup the database before making any changes in the database. There is no undo function in SQL.

The Nodes Table will show you the Node Name under Caption, IP under IP_Address, and NodeID is the key to identifying which device the data belongs to.

How to find the NodeID based on IP Address

Select NodeID, Caption, IP_Address, DNS From Nodes where IP_Address='10.10.10.10'

How to find the NodeID based on the System Name

Select NodeID, Caption, IP_Address, DNS From Nodes where Caption='SystemName'

Availability is recorded in the Response Time Tables will display as 100 or 0 in the Detail table. So if you wanted to find a device and find all records, you would run the following to find the records:

Find all records where Availability is 0 (Down) and NodeID is 99999

Select * from ResponseTime_Detail where Availability<>'100' and NodeID='99999'

Now that we found the Records, we can remove them from the database.

Delete all Records where Availability is down and NodeID  is 99999.

Delete from ResponseTime_Detail where Availability<>'100' and NodeID='99999'

Note: Data Tables are Stored in Detail, Hourly, and Daily Tables. This is based on the retention of data collection. For defaults, Response Time tables only stores data for short periods of time. Detail is in the last 7 days, Hourly from day 8-30, and Daily from day 31-365.