This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMware guest CPU ready time counter - Variables do not get values

Hi All,

I am having some trouble getting a VMWare performance counter to work for readytime. I am new to solarwinds so that might be my problem..

My first issue is that when I enter the variable ${SysName} as the Entityname when polling the vCenter server it does not translate this to the SysName value for the node, it leaves it as ${SysName}.

My second issue is that for the statistic, to calculate the readytime you need to divide the value by the count of cores allocated to the guest. Is there a variable for node core count? I have tried the following with no success ${SQL:SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT CPUIndex) FROM CPUMultiLoad_Detail CPU WITH(NOLOCK) JOIN Nodes N ON CPU.NodeID = N.NodeID WHERE N.NodeId = ${NodeId}}

If this is not possible please advise, I am hoping to avoid having to manually define the hostname and the cpu count for each application template on each node.

Regards,

Julius