This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Windows variables in command line parameters

Hello,

We are using patch manager in conjunction with ConfigMgr 2007 to deploy Java updates.

We have a need to enable the java verbose logging.

We have tried using the parameters that Oracle documents ( /LV* %TEMP%\jreMSI.log)  to do this via the "Command Line (silent install):" field (screenshot below) on the package but the update fails to install.  Note that there is no jreMSI.log created.

The question I have is; does the command line honor the windows variable?  Or do we need to set that as a static path (i.e. C:\windows\temp\jreMSI.log)?

FWIW, running these via command line locally on the system works fine:

jre-7u71-windows-i586.exe /LV* %TEMP%\jreMSI.log /s "JAVAUPDATE=0 AgreeToLicense=YES WEB_JAVA_SECURITY_LEVEL=M"

jre-7u71-windows-x64.exe /LV* %TEMP%\jreMSI.log /s "JAVAUPDATE=0 AgreeToLicense=YES WEB_JAVA_SECURITY_LEVEL=M"

- It is only when the same command line is used within the Patch Manager patch does this fail.

Another note is that if we remove the " /LV* %TEMP%\jreMSI.log" parts and republish, it works fine.

Thanks for your time.

commandline-para-variable.jpg