This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Storage Manager - I give up

For the last couple of weeks I have been troubleshooting all sorts of issues with the Storage Manager product.  One minute it collects just fine, then the next it fails.  I have several tickets open with Solarwinds and still no resolution.  I am curious can anyone provide an idea of specs for the agents.  I see no contention with memory or anything according to the Storage Manager Health Status.  They keep saying its a connectivity issue between my netapp - which I am really doubting because I have other alerts (Netapp Oncommand, etc.) and witness no failures.

I am at a loss as this product being a monitoring solution is really failing me.  I feel like I am the only customer on this.  I want to add another array to this but until I can get consistent data from it I will have to stick to the NetApp toolset as its the only thing that is reliable.

Do most shops have a full time Monitor Admin?

/end rant