This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to trigger alert based on trap type/trap details

Scenario: Server 1 is sending traps to Server2 which has  Solarwinds Orion 10.6 installed

Server 2 is able to see the traps in Orion website->Traps

However, I want to set some trigger alert based on the trap details

eg. if fulfil trap detail1:trigger alert

At the Basic/Advanced alert manager, I am unable to find trap detail, under the "Property to monitor" field.

• Alerts for traps are sent out from Trap Viewer

1. Login (RDP) into your primary poller (Server2) , All Programs -> Solarwinds Orion -> Syslog and SNMP Traps -> Trap Viewer

2. Trap Viewer -> View -> Alerts/ Filter Rules (Navigate to View tab and click on Alerts/Filter Rules)

3. Set an alert the way you want by adding a new rule here (Alerts/Filter Rules is similar to your alert manager and is self explanatory )

Hope it helps

• search for posts from my on how to do this -- you have to do it using a custom SQL alert.

WHERE  nodeid IN (SELECT nodeid

FROM   traps

WHERE  traps.traptype like 'CERENT-454-MIB:%'

AND Datediff(day, traps.datetime, Sysdatetime()) < 1

AND traps.Acknowledged=0

)