1. What data (objects, alerts, performance data, health data) will be propogated to SCOM from SolarWinds by SCOM MP?
Performance, health, and availability information collected by Server & Application Monitor (SAM), Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Netflow Traffic Analyzer (NTA), and Web Performance Monitor (WPM) are available via the SCOM Management Pack. This includes but is not limited to alerts, events, Application Status, Component Performance, Server Hardware Health, Interface status and performance, Web Transaction availability, and Web Performance.
2. question is if SolarWinds is aware of any issues/challenges with propagation of data coming from SolarWind to SCSM?
Not at this time, though SCSM is not officially supported by SolarWinds.
3. Can we estimate impact to resource consumption of SCOM servers added by data coming from SolarWinds? (RAM, database growth, processor)
The Orion SCOM Management Pack is extremely lightweight and efficient. It's unlikely to have any appreciable impact on RAM or CPU usage. Full system requirements are outlined in the Administrators Guide that accompany the Orion SCOM Management Pack.
4. We have multiple SCOM management servers. I suppose that SolarWinds SCOM MP needs to be installed on each of them?
And Does this ensure high availability in case of datacenter failure? Are there any specific actions needed to be performed when datacenter goes down (planned or unplanned way)?
The Orion SCOM Management Pack should be installed on all SCOM Management Servers so the libraries are fully registered.
6. is SolarWinds MP for SCOM part of support service provided by SolarWinds?
Yes. Provided you own one or more products listed above and are under active maintenance the SCOM Management Pack is fully supported by SolarWinds support, no differently than any other SolarWinds product.
Thank you for information.