This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Event log entry confuses me

When monitoring our netapp volume use we have used single value pollers (dfPerCentKBytesCapacity.7 or such) to get the specific value for a specific volume of interest.  These ran at the default 2 minutes (and are currently still running).  I just created a Gettable on dfPerCentKBytesCapacity to grab everything with a single poll and it seems to be working fine and getting the correct data (it is set to run every 20 minutes, set in the UDP config).  Here's the issue, ever since adding, I get an entries for all of the NetApps we own in the event list that says the following:

dfPerCentKBytesCapacity on hq-i-na3020-1.gvmhq.com is at Not available for tabular pollers percent.

Not sure what that even means or why it is there, could someone please clarify.  Once the events are cleared up properly, then we'll be removing the older pollers and using the gettable version only.

Thanks

• The event would indicate that the MIB may not be a tabular mib.  Can you show a screenshot of the MIB as you have it configured in the UnDP?

• This was added directly from the mib tree from browsing it.  Here's the screenshot of the setup though.  It is definitely a table, and we're getting the values as we should, just not sure what the tabular thing is about.

poller.png

• OK, I've figured out the problem, but not the solution and could use some help.  The problem, incidentally is with the alert rule and not the poller itself - the poller is working fine it turns out.

So, we are trying to say if the value of the poller is over 90%, trigger an action; however, the poller returns an entire table, so that just doesn't work.  What we need to find out is how to say if any of the values in column x is over 90%, trigger the action.

Any idea how to do that?  Thanks

• You'd first need to change the poller to a rate in order to translate the data from Raw Data/Text to a numeric value.  Now, with the alert, since the poller is reporting a percentage, then you'd need to define the value of Rate is greater than 90.  You might be able to use Numeric Status and keep Raw Data, but I've had issues with that myself.  Finally if there are mulitple columns, you'd need to tie in the Row ID or label you are using for the specific column.  What labels are you using?

• we're using the dfFileSys column from the table to identify the specific volume

• You will have to identify the correct label in the alert then.

• Did you try to use "Custom Node Table Poller" as Property to Monitor in Advanced Alert Manager. This type of alert can trigger for specific row in polled table.