This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

custom OID output flipping between correct value / "Resource not found"

Hi there,

Just inherited ipMon and came up with a problem during some test to expand utilization available features.

May be some guru on the forum can shed me a lil' light on this, I am hoping.

As a test, I created a monitoring point for a UPS with default scan setup(Smart scan?) which worked fine..

So I decide to try adding some OIDs of interests(1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.3.2.1: input voltage) for the same device which worked fine for some time.

But soon after I disabled couple of Monitors (ftp, http) from the device - may be by coincidence - I am beginning to get "The specified resource was not found" error on ipMon.

This briefly worked again when I re-enabled two Monitors (ftp, http) and re-ran the test.

Then again became not available as I removed those two monitors and now I can not get it back up even by re-enabling those two monitors.

Can anyone point me a few good points to troubleshoot this?

FYI, when I test with snmpwalk on the UPS with this OID, all seems fine;

# snmpwalk -c xxx -v1 x.x.x.x 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.3.2.1

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.318.1.1.1.3.2.1.0 = Gauge32: 122

Many thanks in advance,

Troy

• Troy,

Try this:

1. Click the configuration tab

2. Click SNMP Monitor Wizard

3. Type in the IP address of the system in the section "IP address or hostname:"

4. Change the Community as needed

5. Enter 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.3.2.1 for the OID

6. Click Next

You should get back a result

• Thanks BKyle,

I was able to add the OID and get it working following your method.

For upcoming ipMon nub like I am and having similar issue - there were few more steps involved after bkyle's excellent description.

That was choosing "select" button from SNMP Scan Result page to follow through and defining few parameters over next 2-3 pages.

Thanks again!

Troy