7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2016 10:22 AM by juliet6

LEM - Mount error 13

alwyn

I am able to mount a Windows share folder when I do a syslog export from LEM to my share folder.

But when I try to do an archive job to the same share folder path using the same credentials, it gives me mount error, permission denied.

Anyone ever experienced this before?

• Re: LEM - Mount error 13
          curtisi

Those errors are usually on the Windows side.  Behind the scenes, all the LEM is doing is a mount -t cifs //yourserver/yourshare /tmp/smb -o user=youruser,domain=yourdomain,password=yourpassword.

Please note that mount.cifs notoriously has issues with multi-layer share paths.  If your share is \\yourserver\yourshare\a\folder\way\down\the\line\lem\backups, mount.cifs will probably fail.  It wants to connect to \\yourserver\yourshare.  If you really want to send stuff to the .\lem\backups folder in that example, you should share it directly so you can use the path \\yourserver\backups or (at worst) \\yourserver\lem\backups.

Chet Camlin

I was able to get around this error by using a local account on the Windows server where the share is located.  When LEM asks for Domain\username, provide the machine name (\\machinename\username). Of course make sure the account has the correct NTFS and Share permissions.

lshunnarah

I experienced the same error.  When I reviewed the Windows Event log where the share was located, I noticed it was not trying to use the domain account specified, but was presenting the account to the Windows system as a local account.  I'm using LEM 6.2.  The backups used to work using the domain account.

curtisi
                  • Have you got the latest Hotfix on your system?
                  • Did you enter the domain with the user account?
                      lshunnarah

I'll double-check latest hotfixes, but I'm pretty sure we do unless something was released very recently.

I did use the domain with the account.  I made a mistake on my original post, the domain name does show up in the event log.  I'm testing more with different accounts and so far experiencing the same issue.  I'm also going to test with a local account.

The following is what I am seeing when I attempt to use the existing backup configuration on a one time backup:

2016/01/11 15:17:44: mounting share //servername/sharename with user <lembackupusername> on domain  to mount point /tmp/smb

Trying NTLMSSP:

Mount failed for //servername/sharename as user <lembackupusername> (using NTLMSSP). Trying NTLMv2:

Mount failed for //servername/sharename as user <lembackupusername> (using NTLMv2). Trying NTLM:

Mount failed for //servername/sharename as user <lembackupusername> (using NTLM).

2016/01/11 15:17:44: I got an error, so I'm going to exit. Details: mount error(13): Permission denied

Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Louis

Version information:

TriGeo manager version is: 6.2.0

TriGeo manager build is: hotfix2

TriGeo upgrade build is: 520398

lshunnarah

I think I figured it out.  It looks like it doesn't like the password I was using.  This appears to have happened on tests using different accounts.  One with the same password but local, and the other was another domain account using a completely different password and user account.  The only thing common that I could find was that both passwords had a $ in them.  I reset one of the passwords and omitted the $ character, then it worked.

Louis

1 of 1 people found this helpful