2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2014 9:37 AM by amarcum

Alert Central is not picking up or recognizing emails sent by SCOM.

amarcum

However, If I forward a copy of the email from my address Alert Central sees it. I'm wondering if there is anything I can change in SCOM to get AC to see these mails? Or is there a log in AC that I can access to see why it's ignoring them?

The emails are plain text.

I have tried creating an intermediary exchange mailbox to automatically forward the alerts to alert central. Still ignoring.

We have been using AC for several months successfully receiving and processing email alerts from other sources. It just seems to be ignoring SCOM generated emails. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Alert Central is not picking up or recognizing emails sent by SCOM.
          amarcum

I may have found the source of the problem. I suspect it's the subject line of the emails that is causing AC to drop them, as they are using UTF-8 Encoding. This is a known issue in SCOM SP1. Here is an example of a subject line that SCOM is generating:

Subject: =?utf-8?B?RXhjaGFuZ2UgQWxlcnQ6IFRoZSBNaWNyb3NvZnQgRXhjaGFuZ2UgQWRkcmVzcyBCb29rIHNlcnZpY2UgKE1TRXhjaGFuZ2VBQikgaXNuJ3QgcnVubmluZy4gUmVzb2x1dGlvbiBzdGF0ZTogTmV3?=

MS Details here.

• You enable e-mail notification in a Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 environment.
          • In the e-mail notification options, you enable the Generate subject line with no encoding (use if notification e-mails contain malformed subject lines) option.

kb956446

I will attempt to apply a hotfix from MS to see if this corrects the issue.