4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 9:05 AM by mik22

Report showing enabled alerts

DaveAz

I've had all sorts of hands in creating alerts over the years. I would like a report to show all alerts set-up so I can clean them up. Is that possible?

Thanks!

• Re: Report showing enabled alerts
          donprice

Search in NPM for the following Reports:

• Triggered alerts - Last 30 days
          • Triggered alerts - Last 30 days web-based
          • Triggered and reset alerts - Last 30 days

If you would like to use those as a template, make a copy and alter the SQL statements or do so through the wizard/editor.

Alert_rpt_ex__01.png

alert_rpt_ex__02.png

justin.condello

This SWQL shows all alerts

SELECT AlertDefID, Name, Description, Enabled, StartTime, EndTime, DOW, TriggerQuery, TriggerQueryDesign, ResetQuery, ResetQueryDesign, SuppressionQuery, SuppressionQueryDesign, TriggerSustained, ResetSustained, LastExecuteTime, ExecuteInterval, BlockUntil, ResponseTime, LastErrorTime, LastError, ObjectType, Reverted
            FROM Orion.AlertDefinitions

Or, for all enabled:

SELECT AlertDefID, Name, Description, Enabled, StartTime, EndTime, DOW, TriggerQuery, TriggerQueryDesign, ResetQuery, ResetQueryDesign, SuppressionQuery, SuppressionQueryDesign, TriggerSustained, ResetSustained, LastExecuteTime, ExecuteInterval, BlockUntil, ResponseTime, LastErrorTime, LastError, ObjectType, Reverted
            FROM Orion.AlertDefinitions
            WHERE Enabled = 'True'

mik22

I know this post is a little old and hopefully will help other people who find it. The query changed in later versions of Solarwinds, I was using NPM Version 12.1. I couldn't figure out how to create a SQL query using the web based report writer so I used the report writer on the Solarwinds server, Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Alerting, Reporting, and Mapping > Report Writer

Below is the current SQL statement that works. The WHERE Enabled = '1' will show only alerts that have been enabled, if you what to only show disabled alerts change it to 0 or remove the WHERE clause altogether to show all alerts.

SELECT Name, Description, Enabled

FROM SolarwindsOrion.dbo.AlertConfigurations

WHERE Enabled = '1'

You can add what ever information you are looking for to the select statement, all of the options are below

AlertMessage, AlertRefID, Name, Description, Enabled, ObjectType, Frequency, BlockUntil, Trigger, Reset, Severity, NotifyEnabled, NotificationSettings, LastEdit, CreatedBy, Category, Canned