This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Igmp Snooping Groups Count

Hello Everyone,

I'm new on solarwinds world, so please excuse me if the questions is too simple. I could not find anything on the website, so i decided to post this question.

I added my switches on NPM, but i could not find how to get the amount of igmp groups on the node. That information is very important for me because we deal with a lot of multicast traffic, and my access switches (Cisco 2960) can handle up to 256 groups - after that, all become broadcast. Therefore, I need to know that number and even trigger some alerts.

Before i was using cacti to monitor the counters using a perl script. Now i need to know if i can do the same on solarwinds.

By the way, to get that number on the cisco switch, i use the command #show ip igmp snooping groups count.

So, my question is if there is a way to retrieve that information from the nodes using a script (or any other way) and populate a Custom Property, for instance.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Lucas