I'm not sure what you want to achieve here; you must be trying to do something other than simply move to new servers?
otherwise I'd personally do:
1. Move DB from server 2 to new server 4
a) copy& restore database
b) run the configuration wizard on server 1 to point to the new database
[if it fails re-run the config wizard and return to server 2]
2. move the solarwinds application from server 1 to server 3.
if you want to make sure the new servers work then:
1. copy the database from server 2 to 4
2. install NPM on server 3 [using the 30 day licence]
3. make sure it works
4. de-licence the old server
5. re-licence the new server
Not sure what stepping through an additional poller gives you in your example; if the new server doesn't work then your old server is still up and working while you get the kinks worked out.
Thank U Richard!
My issue are :
1) Second Poller will be at a remote location, which the majority of nodes are and they are talking to the primary poller.
2) Second site has more performance servers
3) Nodes at first primary site have snmp access list/cisco access list with only the primary poller. That's why I would like to add the additional poller and start moving slowly.