This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds status page

Good morning / afternoon fellow SW users

I would like to create a "Status page" that has all of our application status, green,red,yellow

I need to embed this into our intra site here

So essentially the end user can browse to our intrasite, then one of the tabs/screens would show this status page that would have all

the application status's listed

Is this doable?

Thanks

• Hello,

Did you get any feedback on this? This is of great interest to me also. We are trying to set up a customer facing system status page with real time monitoring, green, red, yellow lights as you mention above. We are trying to see if we can leverage RSS/XML features from the Orion SDK to do this.

Thanks.

• I think that's exactly what the SDK is for. I am doing something similar with a custom ticketing app. When a user views a ticket, the ticket queries Solarwinds using SWQL for the node status as well as other information such as location and machine type and displays it in the ticket. It's seamless to the end user. Check out the documentation that comes with the SDK. It has examples for several languages. You can also test your SWQL queries with SWQL Studio.

I have seen tdanner reply to several of the SDK threads on Thwack and I have used his information to help me get this working with my PHP app.

Ro

• Ro,

Thanks for the update. We are looking to do something similar where we would have this status page monitor our core systems in real time. So I guess it would be a query that would run every 1-5 minutes or so and poll those systems we would want to monitor, and then set their status to up/down, or green/red/yellow.

Would you have a recommendation on a particular language that would work best for this or know if RSS feeds are possible?

Thanks,

Steve

• hi istefanos

SDK maybe an overkill here. Is there any reason a customized View and something like a Map resource wouldn't suffice here?

http://oriondemo.solarwinds.com/Orion/DetachResource.aspx?ResourceID=1874&NetObject=&currentUrl=aHR0cDovL29yaW9uZGVtby5z…

The background image can be anything. If you just want a list, and not a Map, that is also easily achievable.

The page will refresh based on the web console settings' refresh frequency (default 5 minutes)

If you don't the users to login, search for the keyword "directlink" in the admin guide. It is a reserved account that you can enable to bypass logins for read-only access of the data.

hi austevek,

For the customer facing one, you can consider an additional web server

Orion Architecture

and there are also some guidelines for multi-tenancy here Orion multi-tenant deployments

SDK may or may not be required depending on what you are trying to do here.

• Thank you all for your responses, I will look up the direct link feature as this might do it for us

I need to basically show the map in an embedded intra net website but without authentication, so any user can see the map, app status/ red/green/yellow/etc

Cheers

• HolyGuacamole has a good point about DirectLink.  Seems like less duct tape.  I don't use it much, but where I do, it's the right tool for the job.  I realize this thread is over two months old...just noticed it.

• Hi All,

I have just tied this and we had a website blip (unrelated but a known issue). When the website came back up our accounts logged into the direct link account. This is most diffidently not what we want. Any idea's as to why this happened?