This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Kiwi Syslog not receiving any message

Hello,

I just installed Syslog on a Windows 8 VM (ESXi 5.5).

However... I don't received any message from the router (Cisco RV042G) I want to log.

I tried the generic troubleshhoting :

• Check network connectivity by pinging from the sending device to the Syslog Server machine  => OK
• Check only one instance of Kiwi Syslog Server is running (Ctrl-Shift-Esc to get the task-list) => OK, only one
• Disable any personal firewall software such as ZoneAlarm or BlackIce => Disabled

• Use a sniffer to check if messages from the routing are reaching the PC => Yes, I can see them
• Check DNS resolution is working as expected by pinging a hostname from the Command Prompt => OK
• Check that there is a "Display" action setup for the facility and level you are expecting to receive messages on. => OK
• Send a test message to yourself by pressing Ctrl+T => Displayed
• Download a copy of the Free Syslog Server Message Generator (SyslogGen) from: www.kiwisyslog.com/downloads => Done
• Install SyslogGen and set it to send a message every second to the address 127.0.0.1 (local host). => Not displayed, and I don't see them in a local packet capture.
• Try sending messages with SyslogGen from another machine to the host running the Syslog Server => Not displayed, but see them on a packet capture (on Syslog PC)

Do you have any idea about the cause of this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help.