This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Service Release Agent Install Error

Downloaded the service release and attempted to install on Server 2012 file box, but get an error that I 'cannot run the installer in this UI mode', and to specify -i with the appropriate mode. I do so via the command prompt as an adminstrator but then get negged because I don't have administrator rights on the box(?) Yes, I've checked already and I do have said rights. Ran cmd and installer as admin with no luck.

Anyone else seen this behavior with the 6.0.1 agent installer?

• We have not heard of anyone having an issue with the Local Agent Installer on Sever 2012.  As an option you could try the Remote Agent Installer to install the agent to the Server 2012 file box.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I branched this off to its own discussion so that in case others are experiencing it they can find it more easily emoticons_happy.png

We haven't been able to reproduce this in the lab since you reported it, so we're not quite sure what's going on. Our best guess is a different configuration or policy (AV even) than we're testing against.

Did the 6.0 installer work without any trouble on the same system? Do you have the same problem with the 6.0.1 installer on other systems?

Remote installer as Joel suggested might be a workaround, but I'm curious to see if others are running into this or if it's some kind of fluke, too.

• Definitely feels flukey to me.

I did the remote workaround - no problems.

I tried the 6.0.1 installer on a 2008 R2 box this morning - no problems.

So far as I can tell, I could only make it fail on one 2012 box.

The 6.0 installer worked on that same box without issue.

It's a puzzler, but if no one else has seen it, then I'll bet a dollar it's something to do with that particular box.

Thanks for the help!

• Little late response..

I had same problems with Agent v6.1.0 on Windows 2012.

Resolution: compatibility mode

"Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 7" solved my problem.

Best,

Matt

• I've run into this today.   Out of 10 agent (6.1) installs, 3 of them failed with the "Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported".

According to google, the error has to do with the installer not able to recognize the version of OS.

Running the installer in “windows 7 compatibility mode” solved it.