2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 5:45 AM by mrpajohnson

Route To Group (AND/OR)

mrpajohnson

Hello all,

Just wondering if some one can help here. I have an Orion source and have configured a route to group as in the image:-

2014-09-23_09h55_59.png

What I would like to do is condition this as I see we have some nodes (network nodes) that I don't want to see in AC.

So ideally I would just like to add to the above so it works as follows:-

if ANY of the above match AND the ObjectName does not contain "aparticularword" OR "thisparticularword" OR "anyotherword" Then assign to Wintel Team......

I am stuck on how to set this up. AND and OR is not very obvious. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paul.

• Re: Route To Group (AND/OR)
          Tomas.Saghy

Here is an example how to achieve it - the Captured Summary starts with any of specified words and the Captured Object doesn't contain any of the specified words:

routeToGroupRules.png

The route to group rules are working this way:

• it evaluates all top level rules (there is only 1 in the screenshot above) - and uses it when it matches (and evaluation finishes)
          • the top level rules are evaluated in order as defined (the first one has the higher priority)
          • when no top level rule matches, then the default group/action is used (the "By default" part above the rules)
            • Re: Route To Group (AND/OR)
              mrpajohnson

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for your reply. When I saw your example it instantly made sense. I had thought of this but because the top level said "all child rules match" I assumed it would ignore the grouping, guess i was expecting it to say "all child groups match".

Anyway, when I did try this, it did not work, each test I did would not filter my alerts correctly. Valid alerts would not match anything and be discarded. Then whenever I went back to the route to goup it seemed to keep pushing over the lower group to a different level. I know it was on the same level as the other group:-

2014-09-23_11h25_24.png

I did come up with something that did work for all of my alerts but I think I prefer the logical approach of yours.

2014-09-23_11h16_45.png

Regards,
              Paul