WPM is trying to clear cache after every playback and it also closes browser inside but the process itself still runs. It looks that in your case some process-specific data are still kept between sessions and cause the issues. By default each worker process executes up to 10 transactions and then it's terminated and new process is started. In your case it would help to recycle process after every playback. This can be done by simple change in configuration file.
- Go to machine with WPM player
- Stop "SolarWinds SEUM Playback Player" service
- Go to "c:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SEUM\Player"
- Copy "SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Service.exe.config" to some backup location
- Open original "SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Service.exe.config"
- In "<agentConfiguration .../>" find 'maxPlaybacksPerWorker="10"' and change "10" to "1". If <agentConfiguration .../> does not contain this property, add it.
- Save changes.
- Start "SolarWinds SEUM Playback Player" service
Now player will terminate worker process after each transaction and starts new one. That should solve your issue.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try and let you know how it will work.
Thanks for this info jiri
With websites becoming more and more complex over the years I think SolarWinds should pay more attention to making these settings readily available