2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2014 3:47 PM by Deltona

Question about IPAM and APEs

lag

I guess I'm used to older versions of IPAM where we didn't touch the APEs, but with the install I'm doing today, I'm seeing installers for IPAM related to the APE. Can someone speak to this as a requirement? Also, does this mean that there is load balancing between engines now for IPAM? Can someone provide me some color as to why we need tho install the APE component of IPAM when IPAM runs strictly from the primary engine?

The second part of my question is that the compatibility packs appear to be for Orion 11, and we're not prepared to move to 11 today. Is it possible to get the compatibility packs for 10.7 for APE and AWS?

• Re: Question about IPAM and APEs
          lag

Just to answer my own question, the packs are for Orion 11, and are not needed for earlier versions. Only requiring the primary install of the IPAM module, and the 4.1 pack for AWS.

• Re: Question about IPAM and APEs
              Deltona

Hi there,

Since Orion NPM 11, IPAM compatibility is now included. This means you no longer have to install the IPAM Poller package on polling engines if NPM 11 is already installed on the poller. By upgrading the poller to NPM 11, the IPAM package is removed. If you try to install the IPAM Poller package after having upgraded to NPM 11, you'll get a notice that the IPAM package is already installed. It would also wrongly state that you have an option to remove it from add remove programs.

IPAM never had a load balancing feature, but the IPAM team is working on something to get that bit working, finally.