This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

DPA Trend not displaying recent data

Our DPA trend is not displaying the last few days, including the current day, even though the monitor has been active the whole time.  I have tried to stop and restart the monitors but it does not change anything.  If I input a custom time frame for Saturday, Sunday or today, it tells me I cannot go beyond Sept. 12, 2014 which is the last date displaying in the trend view.  What could be the issue with this?

• latkinson, can you check out the logs for that instance?  Lots of times if a password on the monitoring user changed, we will fail to authenticate and you could see loss of monitoring. You can check the logs from the home screen by looking for the instance in question, choosing the action dropdown, click on the log link.

• I checked the logs.  They didn't show any issues.  I stopped and restarted the monitors just to be sure and it is still behaving the same way. I verified that the user is successfully connecting to the repository database by reviewing the SQL Server log and identifying the logon events.  I can look at data from Friday and earlier in the Trend view or I can look at today through the Current view but it is like the repository doesn't know about anything that has occurred since Friday except what is happening right now.

• Our server team rebooted the app server for this in our environment and that resolved the issue.  I am not sure what was disconnected but all of the data is available and it is now showing up in the Trend view.

• OK, something you might try next time is go to Options -> support tab -> clear chart cache.  That might help also.