This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"We're sorry, your e-mail address was not recognized by the help desk, so your request for support could not be submitted."

After switching from OD/LDAP authentication to AD this summer, our end-users are now all getting this message when trying to update or respond to a ticket via email.

We're sorry, your e-mail address was not recognized by the help desk, so your request for support could not be submitted.

I've verified that the Clients in the system trying to respond to an email have an email address in their account.

I thought that perhaps WHD was begin restrictive about email address outside our domain, but I get this message even when I try to reply to my own tickets via email, and I'm definitely a user in the system with an appropriate email in our domain.

This was not happening when we were using OD and LDAP; it only began after our switch to AD.

Clients are set to be able to update a ticket via Web or Email. Only Web seems to work.

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 10.12.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 10.24.09 AM.png

• Hi Damien,

This has actually started to happen for me as well. I've added a new tech this morning (15/09) ensuring all the relevant boxes are ticked but the Helpdesk is not recognising the users email address. Sorry that my note doesn't really help your situation, I just found in interesting that you are explaining a similar issue to mine.

Hopefully Solar Winds have some feedback for us?

Gareth

• and, what are the settings for email options?

WHD-Email-Options.png

• Check the case of the email address in the mail attribute compared to their SMTP reply address, if they are not exact case matches

you will get this issue as AD is very case sensitive

• Are there "inactive" accounts for the clients? Switching to a new AD/LDAP connection could bring in additional conflicting records and cause one or more to go inactive. I have to dust off my SQL queries more often than I'd like emoticons_plain.png

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Try going into the Client section and do a search of the email address only.  I have found that sometimes, WHD creates multiple Client profiles and causes this error.  In some cases, I found well over a dozen records of the same email address.  When I deleted all client records except one, the issue was resolved. Good luck!

-Rob