This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Real-time change detection custom alert

Is there a way to customize real-time change detection to alert only if an individual forgets to "write mem" before logging off of a switch?  Or is it an all or nothing scenario?  Thanks in advance to any responses. 

Jim

• I don't know of a way to make RTCD only alert if someone forgets to write of the config.

But to see where people haven't written off the config, I do it through my weekly config backups. First I download all the startup configs, then 1 hour later I download all the running configs and compare it to startup config. If they differ, it will be send in the comparison report.

• Thanks superfly, one thing I did is changed the email format over to html and it gives a better visual representation.  If you write mem it will show as green on the change alert, so at least visually if I don't see that then I know it wasn't done.