1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 9:55 AM by Lawrence Garvin

Report Needed - Approved Updates Needed with Current User Info

jhefner

Hello,

I am in need of a report that will provide me with the following information:

- Computer Name

- Group Membership

- Currently Logged On User

- OS Description

- # of Approved Updates Needed

- Approved Updates Installed (Percentage) - to show the percentage of compliance with the approved updates

I cannot seem to get all of this information in one report.

• Re: Report Needed - Approved Updates Needed with Current User Info
          Lawrence Garvin

You won't be able to get all of the above in one report because Patch Manager is not likely capable of providing accurate information for the Currently Logged On User. At best, you could capture information about the logged on user at the time of the last Managed Computer Inventory. This capability is discussed in SolarWinds KB3707, but the results would only be available in a report run from the Computer (Registry Information) report category.

As for the remaining fields

- Computer Name

- Group Membership

- OS Description

- # of Approved Updates Needed

- Approved Updates Installed (Percentage) - to show the percentage of compliance with the approved updates

I believe the Computers With Approved Update Percentages report in the Windows Server Update Services report category will provide what you are looking for.

You'll need to add the columns for OS Description and Approved Updates Needed Count

9-10-2014 9-44-09 AM.png

*Note: The difference between the Needed Count and Needed Count (Effective) columns is that the Needed Count column does not include Downloaded or Failed updates, and probably not Pending Reboot counts as well. You might want to add those extra columns to the report.

The report definition for the above looks like this:

9-10-2014 9-45-13 AM.png