This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Update view not working anymore

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have an update view called Microsoft Updates that is meant to include any updates that sync through Microsoft Update (basically, everything that isn't third party). The criterion is:

Update source is Microsoft Update

That's it. If I go into that update view and look at Unapproved/Any, nothing shows up. If I go to All Updates and look at Unapproved/Any, there are 6 patches with 3 KB numbers:

KB2970228

KB2975331

KB2975719

This happened earlier in the month, as well, when the replacement for the pulled update came down and when the Silverlight patch came down. The only thing this server syncs from is Microsoft Update, so why aren't these showing up in my update view?

• The only thing this server syncs from is Microsoft Update

I think I'm being confused by this statement. If the only thing the server syncs from is Microsoft Update, then why the need for a filtered view of updates that basically is designed to show ALL updates? (Btw, you can quick view this information by enabling the Source column in the All Updates view and filtering on the value "MicrosoftUpdate".)

there are 6 patches with 3 KB numbers:

KB2970228

KB2975331

KB2975719

There are two sets of updates for this collection. One that is Expired; One that is current. Here's a view from my All Updates listing:

9-3-2014 9-53-32 AM.png

The *expired* updates are automatically filtered from the custom view with the filter set. (They would not be filtered if using the All Updates view and filtering on the Source column as described previously. Here's a view from your custom view definition that I recreated on my system:

9-3-2014 9-54-27 AM.png

If you have *NO* updates in your custom view, then that begs the question of where are the 9/2/2014 versions of those updates. Possibly, since you posted only an hour ago, the updates released yesterday had not yet been synchronized to your WSUS server. Or possibly your Patch Manager console needs a refresh?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to LGarvin

Argh. User error. I thought I had triple checked everything, but I had a stray filter set because I was trying to track down a few computers that hadn't been on in a while. Nothing to see here!emoticons_laugh.png

• emoticons_wink.pngThese are not the droids you are looking for...