This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is it possible to have the detection time reflect the local time of the node?

I have several nodes located in various timezones.  Currently all events reflect the local time of my appliance.  Is it possible to configure the LEM settings such that the DetectionTime of an event reflects the local time of the node that generated the event?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hmm... the way it works is that the events may be reported in the original timezone, but they get displayed "normalized" into the same timezone so that you see all the events in order. The timezone is there somewhere along the line, though, so we may be able to take this as a feature request.

What would you expect to see and where? The DetectionTime column would show local time + timezone instead of the centralized time? Just the console, or anywhere else?

• Nicole,

Thanks for your response.

As we have nodes located in different time-zones; I believe it would make sense to have the “DetectionTime” always reflect the local time of the node. For example, I intend to be develop filters/rules based on time-of-day criteria. As the “DetectionTime” is currently “normalized”; this could be problematic when developing filters/rules based on times-of-day; as I would need to keep of which nodes were in different time-zones.

My suggestion (feature request) would be to either not localize the “DetectionTime” or to include an additional field for all events that would reflect the local time of the node.

• There are several timezone based requests that I think could be consolidated into one request and then get everyone to vote for "all" the options. I think they would benefit anyone operating in multiple timezones.

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/3786#comment-190523 @najumiqbal

TIME ZONES @XM07535