This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Not receiving events from Cisco 4260 IPS/Cert Issue?

After following the SolarWinds procedure Integrating Cisco IDS/IPS with SolarWinds LEM.  I am still not receiving any events from our IPS. However, looking through the showlog, I see the following:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException

Do I need to import my LEM’s cert into the Cisco 4260 IPS?  Or do I need to import the Cisco 4260 cert into my LEM?

Thank you,

T.J.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Sometimes we see issues when the LEM appliance can't contact the IPS using the info provided, but without more detail I'm not sure. Can you paste the entire error event that shows that stack trace? We might also need to look at settings and logs, and we can provide a manual URL to make sure that it's working period.

• Nicole,

Thanks for the reply.

Opening a ticket with SolarWinds Tech support fixed my issue.

SolarWinds had me load 6.0.1RC1

6.0.1RC1 fixed two issues:

1. There was a timeout issue between LEM and the Cisco 4260 IPS

2. There was a SSL Handshake issue.

From talking with SolarWinds Tech support, both issues were due the Cisco 4260 not using the most current stable version of Java.  So, if Cisco updates their firmware, I could have the same type of issue.

T.J.