This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Installation of NCM Integration Module 7.1.1 failed. Invalid exit code: -3

Going through a series of long overdue app, SQL, and OS upgrades for a customer.  I have NCM currently at version 7.0.2.  The net step in my upgrade path is to go to NCM 7.1.1 (as directed by Solarwinds support).  It gets well into the installation, then fails with the following message:

• Installation of SolarWinds NCM Integration Module 7.1.1 failed.  Invalid exit code: -3

Web searches don't turn up any helpful results.  So I tried to upgrade to just 7.1, which is the only version between 7.0.2 and 7.1.1, but I get the same message.

Running the configuration wizard gets everything running again, but I need to get past NCM 7.1.1 in order to eventually get to the latest version.

System Stats:

- App Server: Windows 2003 SP2

- Dedicated SQL Server: Windows 2003 SP2; SQL Server 2005 Standard SP4

- NPM 10.4.2 SLX, NCM 7.0.2, NTA 3.11.0, IPAM 3.1.1  (all of these are moving targets until I get them all to the latest version)

Any assistance on the vague "Invalid exit code: -3: would be much appreciated.