This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Automatic Node Add via ServiceNow Runbook Automation?

I'm wondering if anyone out there has successfully integrated the ServiceNow CMDB and Solarwinds via the ServiceNow Runbook Automation?  I know that ServiceNow was talking about companies that had done this (and incident generation) over 2 years ago.  Just curious if anyone has taken it further than a discussion or design.

Any gotchas?

• You can integrate Solarwinds with ServiceNow using eyeShare from Ayehu

This video tutorial you will learn how eyeShare's bi-directional integration with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) can help you to manage alerts, reduce 'noise', create workflow actions to capture and acknowledge alerts in real-time by integrating with ServiceNow ticketing system.

• I took a look at the website during our initial research and, aside from the poor grammar and spelling mistakes, I didn't see a lot that caught my eye.  Can you provide some experience with using ServiceNow's CMDB as an authoritative source for Solarwinds?  Can you do single module integration (ie NPM) or does eyeShare allow you to do full automation of SAM and other modules as well?

Is this something you've done in your environment?

• Thank for the feedback. I would love to know where are the spelling mistakes.

From one hand we have full integration with ServiceNow, where you can query CMDB and extract data from it.

On the other hand, we have build out of the box integration with solarwinds NPM (pull alerts and push info) but we also provide some other methods such as:

CMD, web services and Email to integrate monitor systems to eyeShare easily.

Hope I was able to answer your question.

• Noy -- sorry, pre-caffeine response earlier emoticons_wink.png

To clarify, you can query the CMDB in ServiceNow but there is no successful implementation (that you know of) that allows the CMDB (and the associated, for example, move to production process in ServiceNow) to trigger a node add in Solarwinds?  That is really the magic bullet we are looking for.

To confirm, you work for eyeShare?  I've reached out via the Contact Us link to request some more information as well.

• Yes I am.emoticons_happy.png

We don’t have currently such capabilities out of the box. It will require some development but since we have some activities in eyeShare that might do the work for you –  please download eyeShare w/ SNOW and SW integration and evaluate that.

we can help you with tech support.

• Hi jbiggley

Did you work with that eye share?

It’s look promising for some reason but ....sure like some real people opinion and not sales people :-/

/Sja

• We don't.  All of our integrations are home-grown and/or built on the event management of Netcool Omnibus and Impact.