11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 2:29 PM by Leon Adato

Only active Alert report

mcam

Is it possible to have a report that only shows ACTIVE alerts?

We use NPM for two distinct purposes. One to Alert, the other to monitor.

I have a report that shows active EVENTS, but this is a little misleading in that it shows monitors that maybe critical but for which we have not configured an Alert.

It would be great to get to see just those monitors that have current Alerts.

Everything I have tried so far just either shows events history or alerts that have already been cleared.

Thanks!

• Re: Only active Alert report
          mharvey

This bit of SQL should get you that information:

Select AlertStatus.ObjectName as Object, AlertDefinitions.AlertName as Alert, AlertStatus.TriggerTimeStamp as Date_Triggered

From AlertStatus

JOIN AlertDefinitions on AlertStatus.AlertDefID = AlertDefinitions.AlertDefID

Regards,

Matthew Harvey

Loop1 Systems

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              mcam

Thanks Matthew

I found a query that did a similar thing - but the report still shows alerts that are no longer current. It is still a history report.

I am trying to get a report of alerts that have not reset, where the alert condition is still current

Vinay BY

You would find them on Advanced Alert Manager as well

AA.JPG

mcam

thanks vinay.by and HolyGuacamole

I had found those reports earlier - they are similar to the one that mharvey suggested.

They only list Alerts that have triggered, including historical alert triggers.

I am trying to get a snapshot of those alerts that are CURRENTLY triggered - in other words only the alerts that have not reset.

HolyGuacamole

I am absolutely positive the Active Alerts are the ones that have been triggered but not reset. Can you provide an example of why you think otherwise? I am beginning to suspect the Reset condition in your Alerts may not be properly defined, and hence the alerts are staying active.

mcam

thanks again

The alerts do have a reset and are sending the reset email etc.

I think my issue is that SW does not have an auto acknowledge that is stopping me getting what I need.

Really what I need is some way of distinguishing between those monitors I want to be used for alerts and those monitors I am using for diagnostic purposes.

To that end we are adding a custom property to make that distinction and filtering on that.

In the end its the monitors that trigger the alerts that I want to see, but without some way of finding out which monitors have alerts its difficult to do.