This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Retrieving NodeID from the URL to match in a Custom Table's SQL Statement

I have a custom query that I would like to display the results based on the node I am currently viewing. Not all of them at once. I am having trouble with the syntax. Any help would be great

The syntax in red is what I am having an issue with. I can't seem to dynamically get the NodeID from the URL

SELECT c.NodeID,c.SysName,c.CustomPollerID,c.CustomPollerAssignmentID,d.RawStatus,RowID

FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[CustomPollerStatus] d

LEFT JOIN(

SELECT b.*,InterfaceName

FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[Interfaces] c

LEFT JOIN(

Select a.*, b.CustomPollerID,b.CustomPollerAssignmentID

FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[CustomPollerAssignment] b

LEFT JOIN(

SELECT NodeID,SysName

FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[Nodes] a

Where Vendor = 'Accedian'

) a

ON b.NodeID = a.NodeID

Where b.CustomPollerID IN ('6A74556A-96F5-47EE-8B06-6C66E883FDE3','3D843627-92A1-4840-B5C4-9846F072CB12')

) b

ON b.NodeID = c.NodeID

Where b.NodeID IS NOT NULL

) c

ON c.CustomPollerAssignmentID = d.CustomPollerAssignmentID

Where c.NodeID IS NOT NULL AND RawStatus IS NOT NULL AND NodeID = Request.QueryString("NetObject")

Group by NodeID, SysName, CustomPollerID,c.CustomPollerAssignmentID, RawStatus,RowID

Order by c.CustomPollerID,c.CustomPollerAssignmentID,d.RawStatus,d.RowID

• Already tried that... Keeps giving me query not valid.... Seems like this should be simple to do but cannot figure it out

• From the admin guide

Note: Web-based reports do not allow the use of variables that are created by preceding a property or database column name with a dollar sign ($) and an open brace ({) and then following it with a close brace (}), as in ${Node.LastBoot}.

So, you will not be able to reference macros in a Custom Table.

You can add a 'Custom Query' resource to a Node Details View, where you should be able to display this information using SWQL (SolarWinds Query Language). SWQL is slightly different from SQL

SELECT Caption FROM Nodes

in SQL

would be

SELECT Caption FROM Orion.Nodes

in SWQL

To show this information just for the node in the node details view, the SWQL would be

SELECT Caption FROM Orion.Nodes WHERE NodeID='${NodeID}'

• Thank you for the response. I was confused about the SQL vs SWQL. I tried what you said and just used the query you provided but it just returns all nodes. If I am viewing the details page of Node #1 I don't want it to display anything but Node #1. The query that I ran below displays all nodes no matter which node I am viewing.. Hope that makes sense.. You have definitely helped me take a step in the right direction

SELECT Caption

FROM Orion.Nodes

WHERE NodeID=${NodeID}

• Are you sure you added that test Custom Query object in a Node Details view? Anyway, I thought you are trying to show the data for a specific custom interface poller in a node details view. If you are happy to see data for all the interface pollers for any given node, there shouldn't be a need to use SQL / SWQL. Simply add a Custom Table resource to your Node Details view. The default selection for the data source is the node you would be looking at (i.e.,NodeID filter will be applied automatically). Simply choose the columns you need to see from the Custom Interface Pollers category of column names.

• I was using a custom table and writing the query in there.. But you are correct, when I added a custom query to the details page it worked as it should.. Do you know why it would work differently with the custom table vs custom query? Thanks again.. now I just need to rewrite my statement a bit so much appreciated

• Is there a reason that I am only able to query the Nodes Table or am I wrong. Why does the first query work but the second does not? Thanks

SELECT NodeID

FROM Orion.Nodes

SELECT CustomPollerAssignmentID

FROM Orion.CustomPollerAssignment

• you have to look at the SWQL schema docs to figure out how to query correctly....I think...

i.e.:

CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode Defined by relationship Orion.NodesHostsCustomPollerAssignmentOnNode (System.Hosting)