16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2019 9:17 AM by typhoon87

Refresh keeps going disabled

acheeseman

The refresh i have it set to 5 mins but it constantly goes to disabled, how come?

Version 12.1.0

• Re: Refresh keeps going disabled
          mharvey

From what I can tell, the refresh interval is only going to last for the active session.  Once you logout or close the session and re-open it will default back to disabled.  I don't see anyplace where you can set the interval as a default when the session starts.

acheeseman

I am leaving the page open and it stays at 5 mins for a while then it goes to disabled

NOTE: This e-mail transmission, including any attachments, is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this transmission in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify your representative immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this transmission, including any attachments.

mharvey

Definitely odd.  I haven't seen or experienced that behavior.  For me it stays until I either close the session or log out.  What browser are you using?

acheeseman

chrome

NOTE: This e-mail transmission, including any attachments, is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this transmission in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify your representative immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this transmission, including any attachments.

mharvey

very interesting, I've had no issues in Chrome.  I'd recommend opening a support case with SolarWinds.

patricks

Had this same issue, here's what solarwinds support said:

"Hi Patrick,

I left a voice mail on what is the best time that I can contact you.

In any case, would it be possible to have the two techs use Chrome instead? I have consulted this with the Dev Team and confirmed that WHD works best in Chrome.

Please advise.

Thanks, "

Techs didn't want to use Chrome, and couldn't update their version of IE, so solar winds closed the ticket.

acheeseman

Chrome is a better choice and not upgrading IE is a recipe for disaster own its own. So I can understand their recommendations

I spoke with Solarwinds and we are trying the latest hotfix as soon as we can figure out how to get write access to the Virtual Appliance

jackburace

Yeah I have this problem too. Using Chrome.

jtmiller

Yep happens to me and all my team regularly. We've tried a mix of browsers from IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox & Vivaldi on Win 10, 8.1 & 7. We're on 12.5.1 but it has been happening for a while.

Super annoying.

Barry Harris

For SolarWinds: This issue is occurring across all browsers and all WHD versions up to 12.5.2 (not sure about later versions) and has been going on for years. Although the workaround is to simply refresh manually, it really needs to be resolved as it is something WHD users notice all the time. Either fix it or remove it, either way would be acceptable. Thinking about it, how does this work with the timeout settings at Setup>Authentication? If you have the Refresh setting set to 1 min and the timeout set to 30 minutes, would the system ever time our if it was refreshing every 1 minute? I think the best thing to do is remove the Refresh setting choice all together and just make it a button that you click when you want to refresh your WHD screen or do away with it all together.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              comtcjm

The column set also gets reset during a session (normally at the same time as the refresh gets reset to disabled), which I believe is the same problem.

Happens randomly on 12.5.2 for me, and all browsers we use and platforms across our 250 techs.

Additional to this issue is the ticket filter which I believe again is related to session information, where the filter is not cleared for Request Types, even when you click clear (or close the filter panel) and shows the previous filter view of tickets, and the only to resolve it is to logout and login again.

These are simply interface session bugs, which should have been fixed years ago... Listen up Solarwinds !

regards

Chris

steverubano

This was happening to some of my users here on 12.6, I installed 12.6 HF1 and the problem with the refresh reset has been resolved.