This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bluecoat Proxy - CPU, Memory, Throughput & Connection Count

Hi,

I am fairly new to NPM. We have several Bluecoat proxys and would like to monitor CPU, memory, throughput and Connection counts. I supplied Solarwinds support with Bluecoat MIBs and downloaded and installed the latest MIB database. I see the device interfaces if I list the resources in Manage Nodes. I am wondering what I need to do to be able to see more information. Do I need to rediscover the device? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Hi Jeff,

I assume you meant to post this in the NPM section. You may wish to move this so the right people see it and you get more relevant answers.

What you will need for this is to create Universal Device Pollers which will query the values you are looking for. You can do this by running the Universal Device Poller tool from the console or an RDP session on your main Orion server. If you need help doing this, post back here and I or someone else can help.

I did a quick search of the Content Exchange, and this will get you halfway there: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-82294.

• Thanks Terry,

I have moved this to the NPM section. I will try what you suggest and let you know if I am able to figure it out. I appreciate the response.

Jeff

• No problem. I also found this on Blue Coat's support site. You'll probably need to log in to read it.

According to the article, for concurrent connections, the MIB you will want is 1.3.6.1.4.1.3417.2.11.3.1.3.1.

Also, the attached PDF from Blue Coat provides all the appropriate MIB numbers for monitoring critical resources on your Blue Coat ProxySG. Please note that wherever the document has a MIB number starting with "SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises", replace that with "1.3.6.1.4.1".