This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What triggers a 1st response int WHD

FormerMember
FormerMember

I understand that the clock starts at the time the ticket is opened. I want to know what constitutes a 1st response. To me the logical trigger is sending the customer some type of reply. I wondering if all to have to do is "hit save". That would not make sense.

• I believe the First Response is triggered by a Tech Note that is visible to the client. YOu do not have to save and email, saving will set that

• I think if you change the status, then that also triggers the first response timer to cut off.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Thanks @quiglax and @pdonnelly  but does anybody KNOW for sure? We are setting up SLAs based on time to initial contact and we really need to know what does and does not stop that clock.

• What triggers are you looking for to stop the timer? Are there specific triggers you are looking to validate and test? Maybe it is easier to test what you do not want to stop the timer.

Let me know how we can help.

• Editing anything in the ticket details section of the ticket does not stop the timer/set first response. Setting Location, Department Ticket Type, Escalating and De-escalating, change to Request Type or adding an attachment do not affect the First Response.

Editing a custom field does not set the first response

Setting the scheduled date does not set the first response flag.

Changing the priority does not set the first response flag.

Changing the Due Date does not set the first response flag.

Changing status DOES set the first response flag.

Adding a note that is visible to the client DOES set the first response flag.

Depending on any Action Rules you have and the details of the rules will determine the first response flag. All that testing is on you.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to pdonnelly1

This looks great pdonnelly. Thanks!

I will have my helpdesk team check it out.