5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 9:51 AM by Rodolfo Manrique

Closed alerts emails after reboot

Rodolfo Manrique

Hello colby

How can I prevent OLD CLOSED alerts emails going out after I reboot AC?

I had to reboot the appliance, and it is sending emails from alerts closed since two weeks ago.

• Re: Closed alerts emails after reboot
          nicole pauls

Hey Rodolfo,

I'm checking with our team on this one to see what info we can gather to track this down.

Rodolfo Manrique

Hi again Nicole,

Is there a way to delete all database content?

I will have to shutdown AC until I find I solution for the following issues. AC stop sending emails out of the blue. When I bounce the appliance (shutdown and restart from VM) old emails from alerts marked as closed start coming out even they where sent already and marked as closed by recipients. BTW, date format in the email still DD/MM/YYYY since the very first date. I make sure my time zone is correct.

Here are some screen shots.

Capture3.PNG

Capture.PNGCapture.2.PNG

We are using this product as our production alerting tool, but is been very difficult.

Let me know if you anything else to troubleshoot this.

Thanks again,

Rodolfo J. Manrique
              ITD Network Support – Enterprise Monitoring
              Miami-Dade County, Florida
              PH. (305) 275-7928
              CE. (786) 300-6172
              rjmm@miamidade.gov

• Re: Re: Closed alerts emails after reboot
                  wolram

Hi Rodolfo,

Can you attach a screenshot of the email you receive after reboot and a screenshot showing the alert details for it (to check whether it is really closed, and whether the creation date is old and not from the recent hours). Also it looks like you have been reproducing the issue, so can you send us the log bundle.

Some internals: the notification are queued and persisted on disk, so in very extreme case when sending mails is extremely slow or there is some issue sending out mails (blocked after some mails, stuck, etc) – and some amount of queued mails are sent out after restart (old mails) – but this is only an idea.

Thanks

Rodolfo Manrique

Hello colby

If you ask me now, I would prefer to pay for support. Every time I reboot, the same exact messages are been sent.

I've been thinking to redeploy the AC Appliance, but I will have to redo all my users and groups import, as well as define all my sources and its rules. I would take me days... lot of.

At my own risk! I do really need instructions on how to clear the alerts database to prevent OLD message from going out. If is an option, we can do a remote session so you login and do it yourself.

I hope I hear from you, otherwise this will makes me re-think about using Alert Central in the future.

Thanks again,

Rodolfo J. Manrique
                  PH. (305) 275-7928
                  CE. (786) 300-6172
                  rjmm@miamidade.gov

Rodolfo Manrique

Hello nicole pauls

Any luck on the issue Closed alerts emails after reboot I reported?

I'm still having this problem, and really need a solution.

The reboot is actually require due to the Orion Alert Source disconnected problem I reported as well?

I'm willing to do a remote session if your development staff need it to figure this out.

Rodolfo J. Manrique

PH. (305) 275-7928

CE. (786) 300-6172

rjmm@miamidade.gov