This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Error 1303 Deploying Custom Package - the installer has insufficient privileges

Hi, newb here...

Have built a custom package to deploy the last Cisco VPN client to all that need it.

Works fine on Windows 7 machines with users thqat have local admin rights.

Doesn't work on my Windows XP test machine (we're not done with our XP replacement project until January).

Since this is technically being deployed via my GPO and WSUS, same as any other Windows Update, why would this not work?

Exact error message is:

ProductL Cisco AnyConnect Secur Mobility Client -- Error 1303. The installer has insuffcient privileges to access this directory: c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Help. The installation cannot continue.

So I went to the system tray and manual launched the downloaded installer and it worked just fine.

Anyone have any ideas why the scheduled install via GPO won't work?

Thanks in advance

• Since this is technically being deployed via my GPO and WSUS, same as any other Windows Update, why would this not work?

Error 1303. The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: c:\Documents and Settings\All Users

Because an update deployed via GPO is typically executed in the context of a local user, which presumably has LocalAdmin rights, and thus full privileges to the ~\All Users folder tree.

Updates deployed from WSUS and installed via the Windows Update Agent are installed in the context of the SYSTEM account and do not have access to network resources or USER resources.

Sounds like you will need to code this package as "Requires User Input", and have the logged on user launch the installation from the Control Panel WUApp, which will allow the installer to have the required access rights on the ~\All Users folder tree.