3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2014 3:27 PM by vinman1000

NPM11 and SQL Express

dale.johnson

I just downloaded and am getting ready to install NPM, NCM and SAM into my environment.  We do not have a large environment so I was hoping to install all 3 applications on 1 VM.  I was also hoping for the time being to use only SQL Express until we rebuild our SQL environment then I will migrate the DB to there.

I built a VM with Server 2012 R2, and installed NPM 11.  When the configuration wizard ran, it prompted me for the database that I will be connecting to.  SQL Express was not an option and I can not see a locally installed version of SQL on my server.  According to the documentation, SQL should be an option to install.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

• Re: NPM11 and SQL Express
          Zak Kahl

Dale,

Yes, it will install SQL Express as an option.  All you have to do is choose the "Express Install" option during the installation process.  I would install NPM first then install the others the same way.  The install will install everything it needs in the process.

Now, I just did this recently without any issues on a 2008 R2 server.  I also was using NPM 10.7, so its possible that this option may not be available with NPM 11.  Sorry, I haven't tried NPM 11 yet.

Good Luck

Zak

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: NPM11 and SQL Express
            vinman1000

I had same issue and opened a case. There are two different downloads for NPM, one without and one with SQL express. They support engineer had to send me the link to the one with SQL express.