3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2016 9:02 PM by adamd9

FTP Voyager 16.1.0.0 Unable to parse listing data received from server

adamd9

I've just been playing with FTP Voyager and it seems to be having trouble getting a file listing from our SFTP server - it gets the right number of files but it doesn't display them. Here's the output from the log:

[10:36:36]STATUS>Listing contents of: /DTFWD
      [10:36:36]COMMAND>SSH_FXP_OPENDIR: path: /DTFWD
      [10:36:36]SSH_FXP_HANDLE: handle: /DTFWD
      [10:36:36]COMMAND>SSH_FXP_READDIR: handle: /DTFWD
      [10:36:36]SSH_FXP_NAME: received 4 items
      [10:36:36]ERROR>Unable to parse listing data received from server.  Please contact SolarWinds Technical Support for further assistance.
      [10:36:36]COMMAND>SSH_FXP_CLOSE: handle: /DTFWD
      [10:36:36]SSH_FXP_STATUS: status: SSH_FX_OK; description: The operation completed
      [10:36:36]STATUS>Listing complete: /DTFWD

I've tested the same operation in other clients (WinSCP, WS_FTP, SmartFTP, TurboFTP) and only FTP Voyager has this problem. I've tried fiddling with most settings in the app without much luck.

Is  there any way to turn on some extra debug to see what's going on?

Cheers,

Adam

• Re: FTP Voyager 16.1.0.0 Unable to parse listing data received from server
          dbladorn

Make sure "Raw Listing" is turned on.  You can also try logging to a file and then post it here so we can analyze it further (remove any confidential information from it first).

adamd9

ok, i've turned on 'raw listing" for this site and it essentially outputs the same information. From the log file:

STATUS> Login successful.

COMMAND> SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_OPEN: type: session; local channel: 0

SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION: local channel: 0; remote channel: 0

COMMAND> SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_REQUEST: remote channel: 0; request type: subsystem; subsytem: sftp

SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_SUCCESS: channel request succeeded; local channel: 0

COMMAND> SSH_FXP_INIT: client version: 6

SSH_FXP_VERSION: server version: 3

STATUS> Negotiated SFTP version 3

COMMAND> SSH_FXP_REALPATH: translating path: .

SSH_FXP_NAME: translated path: /

STATUS> Listing contents of: /DTFWD

COMMAND> SSH_FXP_OPENDIR: path: /DTFWD

SSH_FXP_HANDLE: handle: /DTFWD

COMMAND> SSH_FXP_READDIR: handle: /DTFWD

SSH_FXP_NAME: received 4 items

ERROR> Unable to parse listing data received from server.  Please contact SolarWinds Technical Support for further assistance.

COMMAND> SSH_FXP_CLOSE: handle: /DTFWD

SSH_FXP_STATUS: status: SSH_FX_OK; description: The operation completed

STATUS> Listing complete: /DTFWD

adamd9

Hi dbladorn, just thought I'd post an update here as our vendor discovered the cause of this issue and it might be useful for you guys: Our SFTP server uses some extended attibutes and FTP Voyager is interpreting extended file attributes as filenames.

In our testing we had six files and each file has seven extended attributes. FTP Voyager was incorrectly interpreting these optional attributes as File Folders.

We've since enhanced the SFTP server to have an optional parameter to suppress the extended attributes - problem solved.

Cheers

a FTP Voyager issue. It is interpreting extended file attributes as filenames e.g.