This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bump Updated Tickets to Top of List

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I would like to know if it is possible to bump tickets that have been updated, by the client, to the top of the list of tickets on the 'Group Tickets' page?

Currently tickets that are updated are given a yellow dot and new tickets are given a blue one. Ideally I would like to keep the 'Group Tickets' page in the same view i.e. sorted by 'Due Date'. Is there a way to change the due date of tickets when they are updated? That way, when a ticket was updated I could change the 'Due Date' to today's date, so that it appeared at the top.

Kind regards

James

• I can't think of a way to do that. Maybe with an action rule?

Why would you want this? It seems like it would be easier to just sort by last updated, and have the due date as a column so you can watch that.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to patricks

Hi,

Thank you for responding. How do you set-up action rules?

We like working on tickets from top to bottom. We have some tickets are new jobs whilst others are recurring jobs that repeat each month. We normally work on the jobs that are due today but sometimes clients update the monthly tickets. This means that we always have to scroll up and down the list, checking for updated tickets. It would be easier for us if, when a ticket is updated, the 'Due Date' is changed to today's date.

Kind regards

James

• Just click twice on the updated column header and it will sort by that column and show the latest updated tickets at the top emoticons_happy.png

• If you go to Setup > Processes > Action Rules, you should be able to create one.

I don't know if this would actually work or not, but you could try doing an action rule that is triggered only when client updates a ticket, and the criteria is something like Updated by client "blank" within the last "blank" business days. This should catch all the updates.

Then have the action modify the ticket, and set the due date to 'Default for ticket priority' which I assume would be one day.

Again, I am not sure if this would actually work like I think it would, let me know if you need screenshots, I might not have done the best job explaining myself.

• This would be a nice feature. It's something Spiceworks does by default.

• FormerMember

Hi Patrick,

Sorry, having a thick moment. I can't find how to get to the 'Action Rules'. I think there must be a step missing in 'If you go to Setup > Processes > Action Rules'

Kind regards

James

• FormerMember

Thanks Patrick.

I think the problem is that we're currently using version 12.1.0 Lite and so I don't think these options are available to us at the moment.