This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

refreshing delay

Hi,

I would like to know how to reduce the delay that NPM takes before automatically refreshing the web pages.

Thanks.

• Settings->Web Console Settings

Page Refresh is third option from the top.

HTH.

• thanks a lot, that helped. another thing if you don't mind, i'm actually facing troubles with playing sounds when an alarm is taking place. In advanced alert manager, I do choose the sound to play as the trigger action and fill in the necessary conditions but no chance, I mean when i try the other actions as sending email, or logs it's okay, but nothing happens when i choose playing sound as an action. Can you help me on this.

• The alert action to "play a sound" DOES work - on the server. The polling engine. Which is probably in the data center. As a virtual machine. Without a sound driver.

Yep, it's that dumb.

(Hint: So is "text to speech" - it WILL read out the alert. On the polling engine. )

So unless you are standing near the server rack, you aren't going to hear anything.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to adatole

Woops..  Fun for you and me...    Maybe if I had a baby monitor next to my rack then I could really take advantage of those.