This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMWare vapp ntpd config

I recently moved our help desk over from a windows machine to the standalone vapp, however when logging into the help desk console and viewing the "SolarWinds Mgmt" tab, the NTP status shows synchronised .  Is their any way to configure the ntp server that the ntpd is trying to syncronise with?

• Yes you can.

ssh into the appliance using the admin account.

sudo vi /etc/ntp.conf

You'll see a list of servers. Update and save the file then you can restart ntpd from the web admin interface (https://url:5480)

• I don't suppose you know which account i would use to login into the appliance using ssh?  ive tried root and the web admin interfaces password, and ive even tried admin and the web admin interfaces password, however i am told access denied each time.  Searching around, nobody appears to know the root password for the appliance.

• The username is admin and it should be the web admin interface password.

If that doesn't work, try the default password of 'admin'

And yeah, I have no idea on the root password (as it appears to be auto-generated) but since admin can sudo you don't really need it.